Il Forum è consultabile solo in modalità lettura. Per domande o consigli iscriviti al nostro GRUPPO FACEBOOK / COMMUNITY cliccando qui

CyanogenMod: The current state..

Discussione in 'Android Generale - Guide' iniziata da Fabiosbest, 27 Set 2009.

1. Fabiosbest

Fabiosbest Silver Droid

Iscritto:
    15 Apr 2009
    "Mi Piace":
    The last few days have been difficult. What has become clear now is that the Android Open Source Project is a framework. It’s licensed in such a way so that anyone can take it, modify it to their needs, and redistribute it as they please. Android belongs to everyone. This also means that big companies likes Google, HTC, Motorola, and whomever else can add their own pieces to it and share these pieces under whatever license they choose.

I’ve made lots of changes myself to the AOSP code, and added in code from lots of others. Building a better Droid, right?

The issue that’s raised is the redistribution of Google’s proprietary applications like Maps, GTalk, Market, and YouTube. These are not part of the open source project and are only part of “Google Experience†devices. They are Google’s intellectual property and I intend to respect that. I will no longer be distributing these applications as part of CyanogenMod. But it’s OK. None of the go-fast stuff that I do involves any of this stuff anyway. We need these applications though, because we all rely so heavily on their functionality. I’d love for Google to hand over the keys to the kingdom and let us all have it for free, but that’s not going to happen. And who can blame them?

There are lots of things we can do as end-users and modders, though, without violating anyones rights. Most importantly, we are entitled to back up our software. Since I don’t work with any of these closed source applications directly, what I intend to do is simply ship the next version of CyanogenMod as a “bare bones†ROM. You’ll be able to make calls, MMS, take photos, etc. In order to get our beloved Google sync and applications back, you’ll need to make a backup first. I’m working on an application that will do this for you.

The idea is that you’ll be able to Google-ify your CyanogenMod installation, with the applications and files that shipped on YOUR device already. Or, you can just use the basic ROM if you want. It will be perfectly functional if you don’t use the Google parts. I will include an alternative app store (SlideMe, or AndAppStore, not decided yet) with the basic ROM so that you can get your applications in case you don’t have a Google Experience device.

I’ll have more updates soon as I get all the code hammered out.

Thanks for all the support thru all of this.

Ragazzi, cosa ne pensate?

2. Mikhael

Mikhael Administrator

Iscritto:
    23 Gen 2009
    "Mi Piace":
    Che Google poteva lasciar correre... d'altronde Cyanogen non ne traeva guadagno.

3. blackgin

blackgin Silver Droid

Iscritto:
    29 Gen 2009
    "Mi Piace":
    In tutta questa faccenda io ho creato un'app che permette di fare il backup delle applicazioni di sistema così da poterle caricare su una rom che non ce le ha.

4. Fabiosbest

Fabiosbest Silver Droid

Iscritto:
    15 Apr 2009
    "Mi Piace":
    ma esistono già rom che non hanno bisogno delle app di sistema?

5. IronFly

IronFly Worker Droid

Iscritto:
    28 Gen 2009
    "Mi Piace":
    Google sta rischiando grosso e di ritrovarsi le comunità contro, oltre che ad uno spostamento su altre piattaforme dei smanettoni linux.

6. DeeDeND

DeeDeND Bronze Droid

Iscritto:
    23 Gen 2009
    "Mi Piace":
    Maemo? :D

7. blackgin

blackgin Silver Droid

Iscritto:
    29 Gen 2009
    "Mi Piace":
    Forse una su xda di maxisma

8. IronFly

IronFly Worker Droid

Iscritto:
    28 Gen 2009
    "Mi Piace":
    cmq pare che la direzione giusta sia proprio quelle delle ROM nude e poi ognuno si "arrangia" (esistono già degli script) ad installarsi le apps di google.

cyanogen ha pubblicato intanto una recovery 1.4 nel suo sito.

9. Fabiosbest

Fabiosbest Silver Droid

Iscritto:
    15 Apr 2009
    "Mi Piace":

una rom, con applicazioni "non ufficiali" per gmail, youtube ecc sarebbe fantastica

10. Fabiosbest

Fabiosbest Silver Droid

Iscritto:
    15 Apr 2009
    "Mi Piace":
    Just a quick update..

11. maxmeridio

maxmeridio Bronze Droid

Iscritto:
    10 Feb 2009
    "Mi Piace":

Best recovery...mio parere....Amon_RA !! :cool:

12. Fabiosbest

Fabiosbest Silver Droid

Iscritto:
    15 Apr 2009
    "Mi Piace":
    guarda qui qualcuno si chiedeva come fosse -> recovery-image-by-cy-v-1-4-t1129.html

;D se hai tempo di spiegarci un po' come l'hai trovata :p